Table of contents
- Integration with the Primetric - how it works?
- Before start - important info
- Integration instruction
- Syncing work logs from Harvest
- Additional questions
Integration with Primetric - how it works?
The integration allows you to sync work logs inputted in the Harvest software to the Primetric. You can easily connect chosen projects in Harvest with projects in the Primetric and sync work logs based on email addresses of your teammates provided in the Primetric.
Before start - important info
- To integrate Primetric with Harvest software you need to have Administrator access on both platforms
- To sync work logs of the specific person you need to add it as a Manager or Employee and provide the same e-mail address as in Harvest
- Log in to the Primetric and go to the Integrations tab in the Administrator role
- Find Harvest logo and click the Install button on the right side of the screen
- Follow the instruction displayed after clicking Install button:
- Configure Harvest OAuth2.0 app:
- Go to the https://id.getharvest.com/developers
- If you are not signed, please sign in
- Click the Create New OAuth2 Application button
- Copy Name and Redirect URLs
- Paste it in the proper fields in Harvest and click the Create Application button
- Configure Primetric:
- Copy Client ID and Client secret from Harvest
- Paste it in Primetric and click the Authorize button
- Click Authorize button one more time
- After that, you should see the information that integration is properly installed
- Configure Harvest OAuth2.0 app:
Syncing work logs from Harvest
The last step to properly sync work logs from Harvest is to add projects in the Primetric and sync them with the projects in Harvest. To do it:
- Switch to the Manager role
- Add new project or open existing one
- Find Integration settings placed on the right side of the screen (on the Project's Page) and click on it
- Find Harvest logo and select checkbox
- In the Select projects, field provide name/-s of the project/-s that you want to integrate with
- Choose from when work logs should be synced and click Reset and sync all work logs
- Wait until all work logs will be synchronized. If someone will be missing Primetric will tell you which of a team member is missing. In this case, you should add a missing person to the Primetric as a Manager or Employee and provide his e-mail address.
Voile'a! Your integration is fully enabled. Now tracking work logs in the Primetric is a piece of cake :)
Can I sync multiple projects in Primetric?
Yes! You can choose as many projects as you want to sync them in one project in Primetric. To do it choose many projects in the Select Projects field in Integration settings.
I don't see the project's structure that I have in Harvest - why?
Primetric is syncing only work logs. We don't synchronize a project's tasks, phases, issues, or other project structures. If you want to have more advanced project's structure you need to create it in Primetric.
What "prevent new assignment creation" means?
Prevent new assignment creation means that Primetric will not sync work logs of people which you didn't add to a specific project.
Let's assume that Bobby and Sam log their work in Harvest in Project A. We created Project A in Primetric as well and add to it Bobby without Sam. If we select "prevent new assignment creation" and we will sync work logs Primetric will add only Bobby's work logs. Because we didn't add Sam to Project A in Primetric, his work logs won't be synchronized.
What "trim assignments to work logs" means?
Trim assignments to work logs means that our system will crop assignment duration only to the duration of the first and last work log that has been synced. Normally, Primetric is creating assignment as long as duration of the project.
Let's assume that Bobby was working on Project A from 1st February to 19th March. In Primetric Project A lasts from 1st January to 22nd September. If you don't select the "trim assignment to work logs" after syncing Bobby's work logs Primetric will create an assignment as long as the duration of Project A.
BUT, if you select the "trim assignment to work logs" checkbox, Primetric will create an assignment from 1st February to 19th March.
HINT: If Bobby logged work only on 1st February and 19th March, Primetric will not create two assignments, but one assignment which lasts from 1st Feb to 19th March.
What "clear data" means?
Deleting all synced work logs.
Do I need to manually sync new work logs? How often work logs are synchronized?
No, you don't! Primetric automatically syncs work logs every 24h, so you can be sure that work logs are always up to date.