Table of contents
- Integration with the Primetric - how it works?
- Before start - important info
- Integration instruction
- Syncing work logs from Jira Cloud
- Additional questions
Integration with Primetric - how it works?
The integration allows you to sync work logs inputted in the Jira Cloud software to the Primetric. You can easily connect chosen projects in Jira Cloud with projects in the Primetric and sync work logs based on email addresses of your teammates provided in the Primetric.
Before start - important info
- To integrate Primetric with the Jira Cloud software you need to have Administrator access on both platforms
- To sync work logs of the specific person you need to add it as a Manager or Employee and provide the same e-mail address as in the Jira Cloud
Integration instruction - Video Tutorial
Integration instruction - Description
- Log in to the Primetric and go to the Integrations tab in the Administrator role
- Find Jira Cloud logo and click the Install button on the right side of the screen
- Primetric will redirect you to the Atlassian Marketplace:
- Configure Jira Cloud:
- Click the Get it now button
- Select a site you want to install the integration and click the Install app button
- Jira will redirect you to the Find new apps tab, where you should click Get it now one more time
- Wait until installation pop-up will disappear
- Go to Manage apps tab and find Primetric integration
- Click the Configure or Get Started button
- After that, you should log in to the Primetric or see pop-up that integration is properly enabled
- Configure Jira Cloud:
Syncing work logs from Jira Cloud
The last step to properly sync work logs from Jira Cloud is to add projects in the Primetric and sync them with the projects in the Jira Cloud. To do it:
- Switch to the Manager role
- Add new project or open existing one
- Find Integration settings placed on the right side of the screen (on the Project's Page) and click on it
- Find Jira Cloud logo and select checkbox
- In the Jira Key field provide project key that you want to integrate with and click Reset and sync all work logs
- Wait until all work logs will be synchronized. If someone will be missing Primetric will tell you which of a team member is missing. In this case, you should add a missing person to the Primetric as a Manager or Employee and provide his e-mail address.
Voile'a! Your integration is fully enabled. Now tracking work logs in the Primetric is a piece of cake :)
Can I sync multiple projects in Primetric?
No. You can choose only one project that you want to sync with.
I don't see the project's structure that I have in Jira Cloud - why?
Primetric is syncing only work logs. We don't synchronize a project's tasks, phases, issues, or other project structures. If you want to have more advanced project's structure you need to create it in Primetric.
What "prevent new assignment creation" means?
Prevent new assignment creation means that Primetric will not sync work logs of people which you didn't add to a specific project.
Let's assume that Bobby and Sam log their work in Jira Cloud in Project A. We created Project A in Primetric as well and add to it Bobby without Sam. If we select "prevent new assignment creation" and we will sync work logs Primetric will add only Bobby's work logs. Because we didn't add Sam to Project A in Primetric, his work logs won't be synchronized.
What "trim assignments to work logs" means?
Trim assignments to work logs means that our system will crop assignment duration only to the duration of the first and last work log that has been synced. Normally, Primetric is creating assignment as long as duration of the project.
Let's assume that Bobby was working on Project A from 1st February to 19th March. In Primetric Project A lasts from 1st January to 22nd September. If you don't select the "trim assignment to work logs" after syncing Bobby's work logs Primetric will create an assignment as long as the duration of Project A.
BUT, if you select the "trim assignment to work logs" checkbox, Primetric will create an assignment from 1st February to 19th March.
HINT: If Bobby logged work only on 1st February and 19th March, Primetric will not create two assignments, but one assignment which lasts from 1st Feb to 19th March.
What "clear data" means?
Deleting all synced work logs.
Do I need to manually sync new work logs? How often work logs are synchronized?
No, you don't! Primetric automatically syncs work logs every 24h, so you can be sure that work logs are always up to date.