Table of contents
- Integration with the Primetric - how it works?
- Before start - important info
- Integration instruction
- Syncing work logs from Tempo Timesheets
- Additional questions
Integration with Primetric - how it works?
The integration allows you to sync work logs inputted in the Tempo Timesheets software to the Primetric. You can easily connect chosen projects in Tempo Timesheets with projects in the Primetric and sync work logs based on email addresses of your teammates provided in the Primetric.
Before start - important info
- To integrate Primetric with the Tempo Timesheets software you need to have Administrator access on both platforms
- Tempo Timesheets is an addon to the Jira Cloud, so you need to integrate with the Jira Cloud firstly. You can find out how to integrate with Jira Cloud here: How to integrate Primetric with the Jira Cloud?
- To sync work logs of the specific person you need to add it as an Employee or Manager and provide the same e-mail address as in the Tempo Timesheets
- Log in to the Primetric Hub and go to the Integrations tab in the Administrator role
- Find Tempo Timesheets checkbox below Jira Cloud logo and select it
- Follow the instruction:
- Configure Tempo Timesheets:
- Go to the Tempo Tab in Jira Settings
- Find OAuth 2.0 Applications and click on it
- Copy Name, Redirect URLs, Client Type and Authorization grant type from Primetric
- Paste it in proper fields in Tempo Settings
- Click Add button next to Authorization grant type field
- Click on the info icon and copy Client ID and Client Secret
- Configure Primetric:
- Copy Client ID and Client secret from Tempo
- Paste it in Primetric and click the Authorize button
- You will be redirected to Jira software. Click Authorize and Onward buttons one more time
- After that, you should see the information that integration is properly installed
- Configure Tempo Timesheets:
Can I sync multiple projects in Primetric?
No. You can choose only one project that you want to sync with.
I don't see the project's structure that I have in Jira Cloud - why?
Primetric is syncing only work logs. We don't synchronize a project's tasks, phases, issues, or other project structures. If you want to have more advanced project's structure you need to create it in Primetric.
What "prevent new assignment creation" means?
Prevent new assignment creation means that Primetric will not sync work logs of people which you didn't add to a specific project.
Let's assume that Bobby and Sam log their work in Jira Cloud in Project A. We created Project A in Primetric as well and add to it Bobby without Sam. If we select "prevent new assignment creation" and we will sync work logs Primetric will add only Bobby's work logs. Because we didn't add Sam to Project A in Primetric, his work logs won't be synchronized.
What "trim assignments to work logs" means?
Trim assignments to work logs means that our system will crop assignment duration only to the duration of the first and last work log that has been synced. Normally, Primetric is creating assignment as long as duration of the project.
Let's assume that Bobby was working on Project A from 1st February to 19th March. In Primetric Project A lasts from 1st January to 22nd September. If you don't select the "trim assignment to work logs" after syncing Bobby's work logs Primetric will create an assignment as long as the duration of Project A.
BUT, if you select the "trim assignment to work logs" checkbox, Primetric will create an assignment from 1st February to 19th March.
HINT: If Bobby logged work only on 1st February and 19th March, Primetric will not create two assignments, but one assignment which lasts from 1st Feb to 19th March.
What "clear data" means?
Deleting all synced work logs.
Do I need to manually sync new work logs? How often work logs are synchronized?
No, you don't! Primetric automatically syncs work logs every 24h, so you can be sure that work logs are always up to date.
Please sign in to leave a comment.