Table of contents
- Integration with the Primetric - how it works?
- Before start - important info
- Integration instruction
- Syncing work logs from ClickUp
- Additional questions
Integration with Primetric - how it works?
The integration allows you to sync work logs (known as time entries in ClickUp) inputted in the ClickUp platform to the Primetric. You can easily connect chosen projects in ClickUp with projects in Primetric and sync work logs based on the email addresses of your teammates provided in Primetric.
Before start - important info
- To integrate Primetric with ClickUp platform, you need to have Administrator access to both platforms (in ClickUp you need to be a Workspace owner or admin to set up and manage integrations)
- To sync the work logs of a specific person, you need to add them as an Employee or Manager in Primetric, using the same email address as their ClickUp user account.
- Integration works will all ClickUp plans.
- Log in to Primetric and go to the Integrations tab in the Administrator role
- Find the ClickUp logo and click the Install button on the right side of the screen
- Follow the instruction displayed after clicking the Install button:
- Configure ClickUp app:
- If you are not signed, please sign in or create a ClickUp account
- Click on your Workspace avatar to open the settings menu
- Select Integrations
- Click ClickUp API, then Create an App
- Copy the App's name, and the Redirect URL from your Primetric page, and paste each one into ClickUp
- Click the Create App button
- Configure Primetric:
- Copy Client ID and Client secret from ClickUp
- Paste it in Primetric and click the Authorize button
- Choose the ClickUp Workspace that you want to integrate with, and click the Connect Workspace button
- After that, you should see the information that integration is properly installed
- Configure ClickUp app:
More information can be found on ClickUp's Help Center:
Create your own App with the ClickUp API
Syncing work logs
The last step to properly sync work logs from ClickUp is to add projects in the Primetric and sync them with the projects in ClickUp. To do it:
- Switch to the Manager role
- Add new project or open existing one
- Find Integration settings placed on the right side of the screen (on the Project's Page) and click on it
- Find the ClickUp logo and select the checkbox
- In the Select projects, field pick the Workspace, Space, Folder, and List of your project in ClickUp.
- You can sync work logs starting at particular point in time by picking a date or clicking the Sync last 30 days button
- Click Reset and sync all work logs
- Wait until all work logs will be synchronized.
- We'll let you know if anyone has created time entries in ClickUp, but is not yet a Manager or Employee in Primetric. You can add them to Primetric using the email address of their ClickUp account.
Voila! Your integration is fully enabled. Now tracking work logs in the Primetric is a piece of cake :)
Can I sync multiple projects in Primetric?
Yes! You can choose as many projects as you want to sync them in one project in Primetric. To do it choose many projects in the Select Projects field in Integration settings.
I don't see the project's structure that I have in ClickUp - why?
Primetric is syncing only work logs. We don't synchronize a project's tasks, phases, issues, or other project structures. If you want to have a more advanced project structure you need to create it in Primetric.
What "prevent new assignment creation" mean?
Prevent new assignment creation means that Primetric will not sync work logs of people which you didn't add to a specific project.
Let's assume that Bobby and Sam log their work in ClickUp in Project A. We created Project A in Primetric as well and add to it Bobby without Sam. If we select "prevent new assignment creation" and we will sync work logs Primetric will add only Bobby's work logs. Because we didn't add Sam to Project A in Primetric, his work logs won't be synchronized.
What "trim assignments to work logs" means?
Trim assignments to work logs means that our system will crop assignment duration only to the duration of the first and last work log that has been synced. Normally, Primetric is creating assignment as long as duration of the project.
Let's assume that Bobby was working on Project A from 1st February to 19th March. In Primetric Project A lasts from 1st January to 22nd September. If you don't select the "trim assignment to work logs" after syncing Bobby's work logs Primetric will create an assignment as long as the duration of Project A.
BUT, if you select the "trim assignment to work logs" checkbox, Primetric will create an assignment from 1st February to 19th March.
HINT: If Bobby logged work only on 1st February and 19th March, Primetric will not create two assignments, but one assignment which lasts from 1st Feb to 19th March.
What "clear data" means?
Deleting all synced work logs.
Do I need to manually sync new work logs? How often work logs are synchronized?
No, you don't! Primetric automatically syncs work logs every 24h, so you can be sure that work logs are always up to date.