Table of contents
- Adding Financial Permissions in Primetric
- How Finance access change Primetric functionalities
- Projects - person default rate - option for managers that shouldn't see costs in the project
Adding financial rights in Primetric allows the manager to access costs, revenues, and budget estimates in projects that they are responsible for or the whole company. That is why it is so important to grant proper access depending on the role in your organization.
In the following parts of this lesson, you will see how turning finance on or off affects the manager panel and its access to project finance and overhead finance.
More about different roles and accesses can be found here: Lesson 3 - Roles and accesses in Primetric
Adding Financial Permissions in Primetric
Financial rights can be easily added or withdrawn from the manager in the administration panel. Just go to the administrator panel -> person -> manager and click on the finance option in the "permissions" tab.
Note: when creating an account by default for a given person, installing access manager, the Finances and Organizations options are not checked automatically.
By enabling finance access you give rights for specific managers to see, and edit costs and incomes in projects that they are responsible for (assigned as owners).
How Finance access changes Primetric functionalities
Access to finance provides many functionalities that otherwise are not available to the manager. Below you can find the major changes after enabling finance access.
Having an access to Finance affects the project's dashboard
- Finances extend the manager's access to additional options in the Project panel, such as:
- Budget - manager can create cost and income settlement dates, plan project's overheads, and settle project finances
- Report - manager can see the profitability of the project, income and cost forecasts, employee and contractors costs generated in the project
- Project's financial estimations - manager can estimate average hour cost and average hour price
- Setting hour rates, and cost rates (contractors only)- manager can set hour rate for a client and hour cost (contractors only)
- Costs and incomes in the Timesheet tab - manager can see costs and incomes generated by people's work, and create PDF Timesheet report
Having an access to Finance affects the calendar view
- Manager can see income, costs, hourly rates, and cost rates in the extended assignment view
Having an access to Finance affects the employee / contractor profile view
- Manager can see Timesheets with incomes and costs generated by the employee
Person cost restricted
Financial with person cost restricted rights can be easily added or withdrawn from the manager in the administration panel. Just go to the administrator panel -> person -> manager and click on the finance option in the "permissions" tab, and then check Person cost restricted.
When setting up Finance access, you can also set up a Person cost restricted for your manager. Manager with Person cost restricted will be able to settle milestones for a project that is responsible for and also will not not see project cost estimates. When a manager will look up projects with people that are not his employees, he will see this tab.
What if you want to additionally enable other accesses and what they can give you?
You can find out here: Lesson 3 - Roles and accesses in Primetric
For now, the most important part that you should remember is that by enabling Organization access together with Finance access you have all functionalities available in Primetric.
Projects - person default rate - option for managers that shouldn't see costs in the project
But what if we do not want to give our manager full access to financial data, but would like to allow him to set the income rate per hour of work of his team members, in the T&M variant, which we charge for the client?
The projects - person default rate option gives access to the income rate for a given person, without giving the manager access to other financial data. This allows for the preparation of assignments with the determination of the revenue rate by the manager without access to finances.
How to enable projects - person default rate?
To add the project default rate option, go to the administrator panel -> Employee profile -> Roles
How it exactly works?
What you can:
- you can set hour rate per employee / contractor in a project that you are responsible for
What you can't:
- you can not see Project Report
- you can not see Project Budget
- you can not see any costs in the whole platform
- you can not see financial estimations
Assigning a manager's financial views will significantly affect his work and the possibilities offered by Primetric. Greater access to financial options allows better planning of project costs, employee costs in the reporting project, but also gives a better overview of the company's finances, cash flow, or taking into account overheads, which will be the subject of the next lesson.
Depending on the organization structure and your needs, Primetric will allow you to easily adjust roles and accesses for your managers.