With upcoming changes going live on beta servers and then live servers, we’ve made a couple of changes in Primetric. This article will help walk you through all of those improvements.
Table of contents
- New Time off settings
- Change in Employee Profile
- Information Tooltips
New Time off settings
Overview of the new section
With our newest release, we will be bringing substantial changes to the time off management. Firstly, we will introduce a whole new view for Managers, called Time offs.
As you can see, this new section will list all time offs in your company. Let's go through each part of this new view.
- Add time off - button allowing you to add new time off. It will be useful for time off managers, which will be explained later. This is how the new form will look.
- Amount of time offs in the chosen date range.
- Sections for status types of time off. Retracted means that an employee that requested that time off decided to retract it.
- Status - you can sort the list by Status.
- Employee - this column will tell you which employee has requested time off. Clicking on the employee's name will open his new Time off section in his profile.
- Approvals - This column shows which manager has either accepted or rejected time off. Accepted will have a green circle, and rejected will have a red one.
- Type - a type of time off. To add a new type of time off for your company, you need to go to the Organization -> Data fields -> Timeoff Types in the Manager view.
- Date - date range of specific time off.
- Requested - how many days were requested. The progress bar shows how many days of time off have already gone.
- Settings button - here you can either edit or remove time off. Editing will also allow you to change the status of the time off.
- Month - here you can change months to see time offs in different months.
- Get started - it will show when the time off will start once accepted.
A new view of the time offs for an employee
This change will also affect Employee view. Currently, Time off section for an employee looks like this.
With the newest release, it will be changed to this.
As you can see, it's very similar to the Manager view, minus a few columns. Here employee will be able to request time off, see whether it's been accepted or rejected, edit his time off or retract it. Below the table, he will also have a yearly summary of his time offs in form of monthly distributed bars and also pie charts showing how many days, and what type, he has requested.
A new type of manager - Time off manager
Additionally, we've added a new type of manager - Time off manager.
Such a person will receive time offs requests from employees for acceptance. You can select time off multiple managers for one employee (for example, if your company has several projects working towards one product).
Time off manager temporary replacement
Time off manager can also appoint his replacement in case of his own absence. This can be done in his profile. All requests to this manager will be forwarded to his replacement.
HR manager changes
Additionally, managers with HR access (Organization in the Administrator view -> People) will also have the option to:
- accept time offs
- reject time offs
- retract time off request, in this case, it will be moved to rejected status
The new look of time offs in the calendar
We've also changed how time offs look now in the calendar. Now accepted, in progress and pending time offs will be much more distinct, and also you will see what type of time off an employee has requested.
Change in Employee Profile
Now, when you'll go to the Employee profile, you will see, that sections were reorganized.
There are two new sections - Time offs, which were mentioned earlier, and Contracts, which replaced old Settings. In Contracts, you can see your employee contract and also change it.
The change was also made to the Profile section. Instead of one page for all profile information, now you will have tabs for each part of the employee Profile.
With those new tabs, we've also included a separate tab, Managers, allowing you to edit or add Managers for your employee.
With this release, we've added several more tooltips to different parts of our system. Those tooltips will provide you with knowledge and information about Primetric. We plan to add more of those in the future.
As you can see, there are a few big changes. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact your consultant.
Please sign in to leave a comment.